- Download Permission Slip
- Dates: June 27-30, 2016.
- Location: San Marcos Christian Camps, 5750 Stagecoach Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93105, 805/967-5773
- Capacity: 100 campers, not including counselors.
- Cost per camper: $175.
- Cost per counselor or jr. counselor: $200.
Children’s Camp is just around the corner. I hope that you are getting excited to see and hear what God has in store for us and our campers this summer. Here is the information regarding this year’s Associational Children’s Camp. I would like to thank you in advance for your prayers and support to this program sponsored by our association.
The camp can hold 100 campers, this does not include counselors. The cost per a camper is $175, and the cost per a counselor or junior counselor is $200. Your church is welcome to send junior counselors; however, they must be in high school. We are asking that all churches confirm with me how many campers and counselors will be attending by Friday, June 10th. There is only room for 100 campers, so the sooner you let me know the better. Also, there needs to be one camp counselor for every seven students that come from your church (unless previous arrangements have been made). For example, with 1-7 boys a male counselor (18 years or older) will be needed. Same for girls. For more than 7 students of the same sex, another counselor will be needed.
Camp will be from Monday, June 27 through Thursday, June 30. Registration will begin on Mon- day at 1:00 p.m. Before you arrive at camp, please make sure you have an association permission slip and a San Marcos permission slip filled out for each camper and counselor. Camp will end on Thursday at 11:00 a.m. Please plan on having your drivers at the camp no later than 10:00 a.m. on Thursday to help load up your campers and their belongings for the ride home. We must be out of the camp by noon on Thursday, June 30.
We are still looking for people to fill the following leadership roles:
- Camp Pastor – You do not need to be a Pastor to fill this role. It should be somebody who knows how to minister to children. You need to be confident in teaching a group of 2nd-6th graders.
- Worship Leader – You should know how to lead contemporary worship songs, as well as, a variety of fun children’s songs.
- Camp Nurse – You do not have to be a nurse. However, you should have some sort of training whether that be as a CNA or future nurse. You also need to be CPR (Children and Adults) and First Aid certified.
Payment is due before or upon arrival. All Checks can be made payable to CCBA. Mailing Address: First Baptist Church of Los Osos, P.O. Box 6182 Los Osos, 93402