Performance Profile Business Services Bookkeeper
The bookkeeper position processes financial transactions with accuracy and produces reports from that information. The processing of financial transactions includes posting information to the Quickbooks accounting software from such sources as cash receipts, vendor communication, and internal documents. Using Quickbooks and Excel, the bookkeeper will produce financial statements, detailed reports, and financial analyses to assist management in reviewing the financial state and making important decisions for the organization.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Process checks for payments and reimbursements
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all relevant accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Prepare financial statements and ad hoc reports as needed
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual compilation
- Prepare financial analyses of the financial statements
- Develop and maintain an effective filing system for CCBA
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as needed
As you grow in your knowledge and experience with CCBA, you will be expected to initiate process improvement to bring our operations to a higher level through ensuring compliance with standards and help put in place appropriate policies and procedures.
The performance of this position at a high level of excellence will position CCBA to make sound and strategic ministry decisions and to be good stewards of God’s resources. This role may be considered a skills and career development opportunity to gaining broad religious non-profit and business accounting acumen.
Organization (Relationship) Chart
This position works as part of the Business Services team and will report directly to the Business Services Manager.
- Lives out a Christ honoring faith and lifestyle.
- Takes pride and satisfaction in producing excellent work.
- Possesses an inner drive to complete tasks on time, in an organized manner and to a high standard of quality.
- Is self-motivated to do more than is expected.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and accuracy in all tasks.
- Demonstrates initiative and willingness to assist and seek out information without being asked.
- Is able to work well in a team environment and able to give and receive productive feedback
- Treats others with respect, kindness and fairness.
- Desires to be mentored and to develop as a well-rounded ministry leader.
- Desires to create and lead a ministry that is recognized as being the best in its field.
Within 3 months (under supervision and with assessment)
- Displays self learning and sound understanding of role and responsibilities, workflow/processes and internal customers by means such as shadowing team members and through discussion and enquiry with colleagues.
- Successfully completes routine bookkeeping functions.
- Effectively works with and communicates within the Business Services and organization team members.
- Builds and establishes awareness of CCBA’s business and religious non-profit environment. This will be measured by the accuracy of tasks assigned and the levels of enquiry and understanding observed by the Business Services Manager.
- Correctly adheres to finance and accounting processes, systems, and timelines in assigned tasks.
Within 6 months – continually improving all of the above and
- Exhibits enhanced finance/accounting and business process knowledge through achievement of more involved tasks and managing tasks independently i.e. Preschool revenue recognition and receivables, month-end accruals, and payroll
- Effectively manages multiple tasks and has demonstrated ability to provide replacement support for Business Services colleagues when needed.
- Demonstrates sound business and commercial awareness through ability to contribute effectively in financial and business intelligence projects and financial reporting.
Within 9 months – continually improving all of the above and
- Begins process improvement based on recommendations from own observation and discussion with team member and supervisor.
Within 12 months – continually improving all of the above and
- Participates significantly in preparing a full set of policies and procedures addressing all major aspects of CCBA’s business operations.
12+ months onward – continually improving all of the above and
- Participates significantly in planning and offering scalable financial/accounting services that are to be extended to the Associational churches
- A strong background in accounting/bookkeeping functions.
- Comfortable working within the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Proficient in Quickbooks Accountant version, comfortable in basic and intermediate functions
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, in particular Excel.
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively both verbally and in written form
- A detailed oriented person who keeps the big picture actively in mind.
- A desire to improve what is and learn what is yet unknown.
- A very good listener and diplomatic communicator with staff and clients and the ability to complete tasks on time.
- Active participation in a local church ministry.
- The inner discipline to create high quality work, on time and on budget
- A desire to work in a ministry organization and support for its doctrinal standards as found in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
Employment Status and Compensation
This position part-time moving to full-time position. CCBA offers a competitive salary, health insurance, and other benefits when position reaches tenure milestones.
Please send your resume and references to: email@example.com
First round of interviews are expected to begin August 2015, at which time potential candidates will be contacted.
Central Coast Baptist Association
2005 De La Cruz Blvd., Suite 120, Santa Clara, CA 95050